MAINTAIN POWER WITH OUR GENERATOR REPAIRS, MAINTAIN PRODUCTION WITH OUR MOTOR REPAIRS IN BROCKVILLE, ONTARIO
In nearly all commercial and industrial operations, electric motors are used. If you need high-quality generator and AC and DC electric motor repairs in Brockville, then look for Hewitt (Brockville) Ltd.! We offer a one-stop machine shop for medium-voltage and low-voltage generator and electric motor repair. Our large facility has the most up-to-date equipment, technology and certifications in Eastern Ontario. We work on random wound motors and on form wound coil motors to 4160 volts.
With our safety knowledge and mechanical & electrical experience, our generator and electric motor repair services can help you improve your business productivity and reduce costs. We are a multi-faceted business which ensures you don’t have to visit several machine shops to get the work you want. We can provide you with services such as machining, fabrication, assemblage and even emergency repairs, all under the roof. You can rely on us for electric motor repair if you have any issues with your motor or generator. Call us or fill out the online form, or you can directly visit our shop in Brockville, Ontario.
COMMON CAUSES OF ELECTRIC MOTOR FAILURES
You must understand that motor failure can have serious consequences, so it’s important to know a few common causes of such failures.
- Mechanical failures: Lack of greasing or over-greasing of bearings is a major cause of bearing failures. If the bearing fails catastrophically, then the rotor in the motor hits the windings, causing an electrical failure and possibly significant damage to the stator core. This failure is preventable with proper maintenance.
- Motor overloads: Whenever a motor is made to provide more power than it is capable of, it produces more heat, which results in overloading and reduces the motor’s lifespan.
- Over cycling: It happens when a motor that’s already up to working temperature is turned off and turned on before it can cool down. In the long term, it can increase the temperature of the motor’s insulation, which can lead to a breakdown.
- Power supply issues: Power surge or voltage being too high or low is one of the common causes of motor failures, as an imbalance in the power supply can lead the motor to overheat.
- Environmental factors: Poor ventilation is one such factor that can quickly lead to overheating. There are a host of other environmental factors as well that can cause motor failure but without the help of professional intervention are difficult to identify.
It is important to look out for these and more such signs that clearly indicate the motor is in need of repair. Our technicians at Hewitt (Brockville) Ltd can help you check any signs and help you with electric motor repair in Brockville.
SIGNS YOUR ELECTRIC MOTOR NEEDS REPAIR
Sometimes, it is difficult to identify and determine whether your electric motor needs repair or not. Here are some indications that your electric motor needs repair:
- Excessive heat: Sometimes, the metal around the motor becomes hotter than usual, which is a sign that the motor is getting heated up excessively.
- Vibration: When an electric motor starts to fail, it vibrates more than usual, resulting in the generator bouncing.
Irrespective of the fact you are seeing any visible signs or not, if you are noticing these signs mentioned above, you shouldn’t postpone visiting the electric motor repair shop in Brockville and call us today.
WHEN TO REPAIR YOUR ELECTRIC MOTORS
Here are the considerations you have to make:
- Size of the motor: Small-sized motors are less expensive, and it is easier to find replacements for them than a large motor which requires huge capital investment.
- The last time it was repaired: If you recently got your electric motor repaired and see the same issue again as you saw earlier, it could mean you have an application issue. It could also mean the fault is with the repair process and not the motor itself.
- Reliability of the motor: A motor that constantly requires repairs isn’t the most reliable, and chances are less to restore the motor’s reliability through repair. If the price to repair exceeds the price of a new one, it is a wise choice to replace the motor.
From checkups to emergency repairs, our technicians can help with everything and can also let you understand whether your electric motor requires repair or replacement. Before calling us, you can understand the projects we have taken up by reading our brochure.
OVERHAUL AND REWINDING
We also provide overhauling and rewinding services for all sizes through 4000 hp. and 4160 volts, which include the following features:
- Canadian Standards Association-certified for Hazardous Locations (explosion-proof motors)
- 20-ton crane capacity
- 84” diameter x 90” deep capacity VPI (Vaccuum Pressure Impregnation system)
- 24-hour service, seven days a week
- Distribution of motors from the following brands:
- WEG, U.S. MOTORS® (Nidec), TECO-Westinghouse Motors (Canada) Inc., Marathon™ Motors, Techtop®, Toshiba, Lafert, Brook Crompton, Universal, Rotom, Fasco®, A. O. Smith®, NORD Gear, Varvel®, Bonfiglioli, S.A. Armstrong Pumps, Grundfos, Bell & Gossett, Leeson®, ABB Baldor, and SEW Eurodrive Gearmotors
- Distribution for variable frequency drives (VFDs)
- A motor management maintenance program
- On-site repairs, balancing, vibration analysis, surge testing, and thermographic surveys
Get in touch with us at our motor shop today for repairs and enjoy the following advantages:
- A large stock of new motors
- A large shop with quick turnaround
- AC motors up to 4000 hp at 4160v
- Industrial and construction generators
- DC motors
- Explosion-proof motors
- All types of pumps
- Gearbox and gearmotor repair
To get your electric motor or generator repaired today, contact us!
If you’d like to know more about our services, ask us or browse our brochure.